Ok To Board (OTB)
Ok To Board or OTB is a clearance status issued by the airlines that allows a traveler to board a flight to the UAE. Once the visa has been received by the traveler, it is mandatory that the visa copy is sent to the specific airline that you have booked your flight ticket with.
The airline re-confirms the visa status and marks the PNR as OK To Board in their records. Without OTB clearance, a traveler cannot board the flight, even if he or she has received a valid visa. Therefore, all travelers are requested to ensure that the copy of their visa has been received by the airline and that they have been given the OTB clearance. Given the rush, it is advisable to ensure the same is completed at least 48 hours prior to departure.
It may be noted here that some airlines charge a fee to confirm OTB status against PNR. This charge is additional to the visa application fee. The standard time for updating of the OTB takes upto two working days, therefore travelers are advised to apply well in advance, after receiving the visa.
OK to BOARD is not mandatory for all airlines.
Please refer to the below list for requirement of OK to BOARD. Airlines which do not feature in the below list, do not require OK to BOARD to be updated
- Emirates Airline (EK) - Require OTB only for ECR passport holders
- Fly Dubai (FZ) - Required only if traveling from New Delhi, Kochi, Trivandrum and Hyderabad and holding ECR passport. Return ticket to be on Fly Dubai only
- Jet Airways (9W) - Required only if traveling from Kochi, Trivandrum and Mangalore
- Air India Express (IX) - Require OTB only for ECR passport holders
- Indigo (6E) - Require OTB only for ECR passport holders
- Spice Jet (SG) - Require OTB only for ECR passport holders
- Air Arabia (G9) - Require OTB only for ECR passport holders
- Gulf Air (GF) - OTB is not Required
- Oman Air (WY) - Required for all passport types and from all cities